Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Safe Arrival


Hello,

It's been almost a week since I was able to write. I am very happy to announce that I have arrived safely in Korea and after spending a wonderful day with a few friends from KyungSung center have settled into my room at our orientation training center. The room is small but very nice and I have two roomates, James from Las Vegas and Johnny from Toronto. They both seem very nice, but we'll see how the next 17 days go. Anyway I am very excited because today we officially begin our "tours of duty" as TALK team members.

I got up early this morning (several times actually - 2:00 AM then 3:00 AM, then 4:00 AM and finally got out of bed at 5:00 AM) and got to spend some nice quite time praying and meditating on God's word. Today's Daily Bread passage was from Amos 5:1-27 and through it I was reminded of one of the great Bible promises - "Seek God and live". I thank God for this word and this wonderful opportunity to practically put this into practice. As I prayed I repented that up to this point I have not truely done this. I lived a nice complacent, easy going life but I never really gave my heart to seeking God. But I believe that God brought me here and gave me this word on the first morning of this journey to help me to really focus on this. I also thought about what seeking God means practically in my life. I was brought back to my key verse for this mission journey which is Philippians 3:10, "I want to know Christ and the Power of His resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in His suffering, becoming like Him in His death." I was reminded that seeking God practically means to follow Jesus example. This means living my life for others so that they can find theirs in Jesus. May God help me to remember this all the rest of the days of my life so that I can really seek Him and help others to find Him ias well.

The day is about to begin and strangly I'm already tired - I think it from my struggle to read Amos chapter 5 out loud in Korean. That effort took almost 1/2 and hour and I'm convinced that the security guard thinks I'm a babling fool. But, no matter, because the Bible says being a fool for Christ is a good thing. I have to go now, but I'll write soon.

1 comment:

Red Gate said...

Hey, click on this comment and it will take you to our blog. Danielle liked your pictures.